Roland said:

> i agree with your analysis with the exception of "fuzzy".
>
> The behaviour you describe is not fuzzy - it's perfectly natural.
>
> The issue is to make relations - as those you describe for
> instance - explicit.
>
> In my view it's a requirement for metadata architectures to
> be able to cope with such situations.
>
> PartOf the role of schema languages is to declare relations
> and not just to enable the invention of new objects.

Yes, absolutely agree.

Seems to me the challenge is getting very clear exactly what our URIs do
and don't denote (and sometimes that isn't as easy as it might be, as I
think this thread illustrates), so that we (and others) can make any
declarations of equivalence or other relationships with confidence.

Pete