I hear from various folk who have been overseas attempting to lure
under-employed Eurodocs to the UK that no-one over there takes much notice
of the EWTD.
Mind you, since they have more doctors per rota, perhaps they don't feel
the need to stand up for their rights. I hear that in Germany you work as
the organisation tells you so that you will gain advancement up the career
ladder to director of service, but on a 1:12 basic rota even i would work
more than my contract!
Does anyone have any genuine experience of this?
I may of course be just be being sold travelers tales.

>Can anyone enlighten me on some of the details of this legislation? There
>remain some points I'm not clear about.
>
>1    Will it apply to "seniors" as well as to "juniors"?
>
>2    Will it apply to "working" i.e. on-call from home, or just to
resident
>work?
>
>3    Does it come into force for all on August 2004?
>
>4    What are the penalties for non-compliance?
>
>5    Will it apply to locums, and how can they be "policed"?
>
>6    How will it affect GPs who provide 24-hour cover?
>
>I'd be grateful for any advice any of you (especially Andrew!) can offer.
>

>Adrian Fogarty
>A&E Consultant
>Royal Free Hospital

>This email has been scanned using the CleanPort MEF antivirus
>system. Funded for members by the Doctors.net.uk Bulletin service
>How does this protect me? http://www.Doctors.net.uk/qualityemail

All email and attachments sent from http://www.Doctors.net.uk have been
scanned by the MessageLabs SkyScan antivirus system