-----Original Message-----
From: Ian Stokes-Rees [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 21 May 2003 12:29
To: GridPP Testbed Support
Subject: LCFGng question

1) Where do LCFGng log files go with information about generating profiles?
That is, if I modify a host profile, put in something illegal, and then find
that the XML file has not been created, where do I look to find hints as to
what the problem might have been?

2) The boot sequence of the RH7.3 EDG nodes can spend several minutes
"paused" after the message "Freeing unused kernel memory: 188k freed", and
none of the boot sequence services are displayed (i.e. the [ OK ] and [
FAILED ] messages).  I am guessing these are related and that the boot
sequence is going on in the background.  How do I get this output to
display?  After about 5 minutes it eventually goes to the standard Linux
login screen.

Cheers,

Ian.

--
Ian Stokes-Rees                 [log in to unmask]
Particle Physics, Oxford        http://www-pnp.physics.ox.ac.uk/~stokes