In Worcestershire we made the decision some years ago to re-open on the
Tuesdays following Spring and Summer Bank Holidays and on the day after
Boxing Day. This was partly to put libraries in line with other services in
the County Council but mostly because we reacted to public demand. We also
open on the Saturday following Good Friday. Generally, we only close our
libraries on Public Holidays (although we are making an exception this year
by closing on Saturday 27th December). Staff are of course compensated by
extra days leave.
Although we didn't target these days to maximise issues they are normally
quite busy and it helps spread demand following a closure.

Nigel Preedy
Strategic Library Manager
Worcestershire Libraries and Information Service

Privileged/Confidential information and/or Copyright Material
may be contained in this email.  The information and Material
is intended for the use of the addressee(s) only.

If you are not the addressee or the person responsible for
delivering it to the intended addressee(s), you may not copy or
deliver it to anyone else or use it in any unauthorised manner.
To do so is prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you receive this
email by mistake, advise the sender immediately by using the
reply facility in your email software.

Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author
and do not necessarily represent those of Worcestershire County
Council.

Although this email and attachments are believed to be free of any
virus or other defects which might affect any computer or IT systems
into which the are received, no responsibility is accepted by
Worcestershire County Council for any loss or damage arising in any
way from the receipt or use thereof.