Hello,
I wonder if anybody can be of assistance.  A number of colleagues and I recently assisted some NGO's in Israel appeal to the supreme court regarding major cuts in the income support benefit levels.  In its reply to the appeal, the Ministry of FInance quoted an OECD report that compared what is apparently the annual level of income support benefits as a percentage of GDP per capita in different countries.
Does anyone know the source of these findings (the Ministry of Finance did not mention the specific sources surprisingly!), and
Is this a legitmate way to compare the level of benefits - I have used average income or PPP in the past.
Thanks,
John

John Gal  Ph.d
Senior Lecturer