Dear All,

Para. 68 of International Programme of IYDP, whose draft was
announced  already in 1979, states that
"a society that shuts out a number of its members is an impoverished
society"
and is often quoted.  I have noted that this is very similar to para. 31 of
RI's Charter for 80's which states that "a society which shuts out
any segment of its members is an impoverished society",
adopted in 1980 in Winnipeg, Canada.  RI process, I have read,
started in 1978. It seems that both processes ran parallell then.
I am interested in that  process and interaction, and would highly
appreciate any advice on this point.

Best regards.

NAGASE Osamu
Associate Professor