As I understand it, we would think of the content of that
certification, and maybe use an EARL statement, but the problem to
which i alluded is one to do with expecting people to lay themselves
open to liability if their assertion is not correct - apparently not
everyone is prepared to do that - personally I think it would certainly
make people cautions about making assertions and that might be a good
thing!

Actually, the assertion would contain the date, not the certification
part - that would be used to say who made the assertion etc - evidence
of factors that go towards one's ability to trust the assertion.

Liddy