I suspect there's a lot of subliminal psychology surrounding this issue. You know, the way some of us can't hack automatic transmission in our motor cars; we never feel we're quite in control of things anymore...

AF
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: John Horley
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Monday, May 05, 2003 11:39 AM
  Subject: Re: Hands free defibrillation

  that's like saying .. or there were'nt any defib pads or gel... or oops... we forgot to order the Epinephrine from pharmacy... so long as people keep things stocked up and checked there should'nt be a problem... if a lead gets cut... you get a new pack out of the stock... what happens if someone cuts the lead to the paddles on a manual defib.... do we keep spare leads... no... we have to find another defib...
  John.