How about "Absence, hear thou my protestation" (?Hoskyns?)?  You know, the one that ends

By absence this good means I gain,
      That I can catch her
 Where none can watch her,
     In some close corner of my brain.
        There I embrace and kiss her,
And so enjoy her, and so miss her.

Totally, the coolest use of "so" EVER. Dude.

May I ask for some ideas even if they are only marginally Spenserian or
Sidneyan? As Joe Black knows, I'm on the advisory board (as is he) of a
projected anthology to be published by Broadview Press--the aim is to give
Norton and Longmans et al. a run for their money. What we are missing from
the Renaissance part is a small collection (oh say 20) poems by the
unfamous. Not, in other words, Skelton, Wyatt, Surrey, Sidney (Philip and
Mary), Shakespeare, Spenser, Donne, Herbert, Wroth, Lanyer, Herrick. If
you have any suggestions, favorites, requests I'd love to have them,
off-list or on. From c. 1500 to c. 1630. Not an emergency--just if you
have time and inclination. Thanks. Anne Prescott