Metadata deliverables: an overviewCould I please have a copy of this document

Thanks

Diana

----- Original Message -----
  From: Ben Plouviez
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Wednesday, April 02, 2003 12:06 PM
  Subject: Metadata deliverables: an overview

  *******************************************************************************************************************************************************
  This email and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
  *******************************************************************************************************************************************************

  Hi all

  Introductory note (since this is my first post): I've just moved from the British Library, where I was Head of Corporate Information Management, to the Scottish Executive in Edinburgh, where I am part of the Electronic Records & Document Management programme. My background is in IT and project management rather than records management.

  Now the message:

  I've been working on a short (well - 4-page) document whose purpose is to describe the products and policies needed to provide an information and records management structure within an organisation, and sets out the relationships between them: ie., taxonomy, metadata, fileplan, and the policies that underpin them.

  Nothing in it is ground-breaking (in fact, you could say that if it is, it's wrong!), but I would be really pleased to have some review of the document and the thinking behind it. Some parts of it reflect a public sector/government point of view; and, although it attempts to be general with respect to uses of metadata, it does concentrate on, and take examples from, ERDMS practice.

  If anyone wants a copy and might have a few minutes spare to review, comment or criticise, please mail me off list (since I can't find a way of uploading the file). As a quid pro quo, anyone who takes a copy and finds anything useful in it is welcome to use it for their own purposes.

  Regards

  Ben

  Ben Plouviez
  Benefits Realisation Manager