  From: Pamela Harper
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Saturday, April 19, 2003 10:34 AM
  Subject: Re: please

  Pat

  Its a terrible world us disabled live in. Where are disability rights and equality. Some places are better than others

  Over in Britain you would ask for a disability flat and you would with medical confirmation be given such on a ground floor or a bungalow. If you wished to stay in your current home it would be adapted with a financial contribution towards this according to your means. You may however have to go on a waitng list where you could remain for a number of years before your name comes up although they are getting better round here.

  I am trying for my disabled living money again mainly for the car. Without the car I am almost housebound. I can not travel on a bus as it causes pain. I can not afford to go everywhere in a taxi and if I walk to the local shops and back I feel like I've run at least half a marathon. I was turned down last time because I could actually walk that far. However the rules have changed recently - an anual event- and others in receipt have give me advice so here's hoping.

  I wish you well and hope you are not pealised for refusal because of your disabilities. It appears you do not have the same rights in the U.S. as we have in Britain which is a real shame

  Pamela and low power.