Dear Jo,

Look around you at who was behind your “peace march” and at the major pressure groups that organised the match or who joined in with you on the march. As Mao said, “terrorist fish can only survive in a sea of popular support”. Just think it through. Suppose that you had been successful in stopping the war. What would Saddam’s reaction have been? What would Al Queada’s reaction have been? How would the Muslim fanatics, (who have majority Muslim support by the way), have started to behave? I don’t suggest that you are a terrorist but I do suggest that you are naïve.

Fortunately, your campaign has failed. Not only in it’s objectives but also politically. Of course the British people are generally against war - so am I - but I also acknowledge the need to defend ourselves against our enemies. Now the political tide has turned against you and majority of the public have realised that it’s necessary to support the robust leadership of Blair. Look at last Saturday - the promised giant protest across the UK was pathetic and only supported by the “usual suspects”.

Yes, burning a flag does make you a terrorist. As Bush put it, “if you’re not with us, you’re against us”!

regards

Norman