Dear roisin  and others,
i have attached a brief reference list which may have some
useful stuff - the web is useful in its lkimited way of
course. It really is an issue of what you want to focus on
- shared and collaborative elements seem important. There
is also another reference that, I think, refers to someone
in the same institute you are from.
regards
Jim
Barrett, T. (2002). What is happening to problem-based
learning tutorials? A critical language approach to the
discourse analysis of the lived experience of problem-based
learning tutorials. Educational Developments 3.3, 13. On
Mon, 7 Apr 2003 11:14:04 +0100 Roisin Donnelly
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Dear Jim,
>
> many thanks for your prompt reply.
>
> I am currently tutoring a Problem-based learning group in
an Online > Learning module on our Postgraduate Diploma in
Third Level Learning and > Teaching. There are only 5 in
the group, and all are lecturers in various > higher
education institutions. They all have their own individual
learning > objectives when starting the module, and I am
interested in achieving those > through the group, and also
ensuring that each individual can appreciate > the benefits
of online learning for the individual (working in their
own > time and at their own pace etc) as well as achieving
the benefits of > collaboration.
> > Hope this makes sense!
> > Would appreciate any help you can give.
> > many best wishes,
> Roisin >
> >
> Roisin Donnelly (BA Hons, MSc, PGCTHE, MEd) > Learning
Development Officer > The Learning and Teaching Centre
http://www.dit.ie/DIT/learningteaching/contacts/tutors.html

> -----Original Message----- > From:   Jim Wood
[SMTP:[log in to unmask]] > Sent:   Thursday, April
03, 2003 2:02 PM > To:     [log in to unmask]
> Subject:        Re: The Role of the Individual Learner in
a PBL Group >
> Roisin, > I have some information but am not very clear
about what > you want - if you can be a bit more specific I
will try to > help,
> Jim > On Wed, 2 Apr 2003 18:08:41 +0100 Roisin Donnelly
> <[log in to unmask]> wrote: >
> > Hello, > >
> > I am currently doing research into the area of the role
of the learner in > a
> > PBL group. Would anyone have any information and/or
references to share > > about any aspect of this?
> > Roisin Donnelly > > Learning and Teaching Centre
> > Dublin institute of Technology >
> ---------------------- > Jim Wood
> Project Administrator > PBL Project in Clinical
Psychology Training > An FDTL funded, Joint Project of the
> Universities of Exeter and Plymouth. > School of
Psychology, Perry Road, > Exeter EX4 4QG, UK.
> Tel: 00 44 (0)1392 264697 > Fax: 00 44 (0)1392 264623
> > --
> This message has been scanned for viruses by > the DIT
Computer Centre MailScanner Service, > and is believed to
be clean. >