"Evidence-Based" is today's most frequently heard buzz word.  Many
professions, health related or not, use this term to indicate the quality of
the information upon which their practice is based.  As the primary
purveyors of information to other professions, we should present our
professional practice as also being Research- or Evidence-Based.

As for the "L" word, I love it.  I love telling people that I am a
librarian, how librarianship has evolved over the centuries, and of our
expanding role in the digital world.

Anne Girling, Medical Librarian
Alaska Native Medical Center (LIB)
4315 Diplomacy Drive
Anchorage AK 99508-5999
907-729-2943 phone
907-729-2945 fax
[log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>  e-mail