> ~~~~~~~~Apologies for Cross Posting~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
> CASP Training Week 2003
>
> Date: 7th - 11th July 2003
> Venue: Institute of Health Sciences, Headington, Oxford, UK
>
> The Critical Appraisal Skills Programme (CASP) is running its 5th Annual
> Training Week in Oxford from 7th - 11th July 2003.
>
> Aim
> To support those responsible for evidence-based practice
>
> Objectives
> Opportunities will be provided for participants to:
> *     Enhance understanding of using evidence-based practice in health and
> social care
> *     Develop skills in appraising quantitative or qualitative research
> literature
> *     Develop facilitation skills for critical appraisal workshops
> *     Develop mechanisms in supporting the dissemination of appraisal
> training
> *     Enhance understanding of obstacles to change and ways of managing
> change.
>
> Audience
> Health & Social Care Professionals from around the world
>
> Programme
> The programme is built around the core principles of evidence-based
> practice.  Full programme details can be found on our web site.
>
> Cost
> Course fees: £900 (GBP)
> This includes a comprehensive study pack, lunch each day and a banquet
> dinner
> Accommodation fees are additional at £175 (GBP)
>
> Further information, including the programme and a booking form, can be
> found on the new Learning and Development web site:
> www.phru.org.uk/learning
>
> Bursaries Available:
> Learning and Development are pleased to offer 8 bursaries for CASP
> Training Week 2003: 4 International Bursaries and 4 UK Bursaries.
>
> International Bursaries:
> We will be offering 4 international bursaries, which will cover 75% of the
> course fees, accommodation fees and your travel.  You will need to fund
> 25% of the costs.
>
> Successful applicants will be those who demonstrate the following:
> *     How you will share and spread critical appraisal skills in your area
> of work;
> *     An absolute need for funding, for example that your employer is
> unable to fund training courses for you;
> *     A good level of fluency in English.
> UK Bursaries
> We will be offering 4 UK bursaries, which will cover 50% of the course
> fees and accommodation fees.  You will need to fund 50% of the costs and
> your travel.
> Successful applicants will be those who demonstrate the following:
> *     How they will share and spread critical appraisal skills in their
> area of work;
> *     An absolute need for funding, for example, if your organisation has
> a severely limited training budget or your training quota would be
> [...]
and intended solely for the use of the person to whom they
are addressed . If you have received this email in error, you
should not distribute or copy this email but notify the sender
immediately by email that you have received the message by
mistake and delete the email from your system. If you are not
the intended recipient, you are notified that disclosing, copying,
distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of
this information is strictly prohibited.