Regarding payment for contribution - some UK local authorities make a distinction between Consultancy and Consultation.  'Consultancy' is where disabled people would be asked to spend time reading and commenting on proposed policies and procedures from the perspective of disabled people (not the individual) - i.e. providing 'expert advice', and for this they would be paid. In terms of research, this may mean getting involved in the management of a research project.

'Consultation' is where disabled people would be asked for their personal opinions on a topic - e.g. whether they prefer one form of service over another, and for this they would receive expenses. In terms of research, this may mean being interviewed, or filling in questionnaires etc.

Regards

Alden

The information in this email is confidential. The contents may not be disclosed or used by anyone other than the addressee.  If you are not the addressee, please tell us by using the reply facility in your email software as soon as possible. Sheffield City Council cannot accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of this message as it has been transmitted over a public network.  If you suspect that the message may have been intercepted or amended please tell us as soon as possible.

are now located at: