From: Rennie, Steve [HES] <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Date: 03 April 2003 13:09
Subject: Re: Challenging Beliefs

>Not just suicide bombers Pat. The Koran is very specific about what awaits
Muslim warriors who fall in battle when they get to paradise. There is a lot
about dusky doe eyed virgins and even more about the various exotic fruits
that will form their diet, the fountains that will play and the sherberts
they will drink. The whole is rather more vividly realised than the
Christian version and may be interpreted by the terminally cynical as good
early marketing. There is a nice contrast to be made with the Norse version
of transition to Asgard, where the women have a somewhat more interesting
set of roles. It does make you wonder just what attracted early Christians
to the harp playing while sitting on clouds images.

>Stephen Rennie

spirituality. Apparently, I did not hear it my self I was just told, Sadam
is promising volunteer suicide bombers that when they die there will be six
vestile virgins waiting for them on the other side. With an offer like that
how can any virile young man refuse.