From: Andy Powell [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 10 April 2003 23:38
To: Howard Noble
Cc: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: LOM Test Data

On Thu, 10 Apr 2003, Howard Noble wrote:

> I am working on the JISC OLIVE project and need some real live working
> Learning Object Metadata for testing my application and workflow.
>
> If anyone out there has some populated LOM XML instance documents could
> they email them to me.

The ~65000 RDN records are available as LOM using URLs of the form

  http://www.rdn.ac.uk/record/lom/oai:rdn:sosig:916739272-28853

where 'oai:rdn:sosig:916739272-28853' is the RDN record ID.  There is
currently no easy way of moving from RDN search results to the LOM view of
the record, but you can see the record ID if you mouse-over the main link
in each search result from ResourceFinder:

  http://www.rdn.ac.uk/

You should see URLs fo the form

  http://www.rdn.ac.uk/record/redirect/oai:rdn:agrifor:201160

which can then be mapped to

  http://www.rdn.ac.uk/record/lom/oai:rdn:agrifor:2011603

It should be noted that these are all fairly minimal LOM records, because
they are based on the (very) simple DC records that we share within the
RDN.

Regards,

Andy.