I resorted to trawling through the python to solve this problem.

For anyone who gets this sort of error in the future, the solution is that
you must have each of:

job_template.tpl
UI_ConfigENV.cfg
UI_Errors.cfg

In one of the directories:

/opt/edg/etc
/etc
/usr/local/etc

And presumably they should be setup correctly (especially UI_ConfigENV.cfg).

The error message is not very helpful, and it is a little worrying that
fixed file names and fixed paths are used in the python code.

Ian.

--
Ian Stokes-Rees                     [log in to unmask]
Particle Physics, Oxford            http://www-pnp.physics.ox.ac.uk/~stokes/