On Thu, 27 Mar 2003, Steve Traylen wrote:
> As some point soon checkpointing comes into WP1 job submission
> components. I think the theory is that at sensible points in the job the
> state is recorded so it can be resumed from that point. I expect
> there is something on the WP1 website.

That's true, but it may well be that at least in HEP people don't use it
because it's usually fairly easy to re-run jobs. On the other hand that
also means that having jobs cancelled is not that disastrous. Actually
with the current efficiency you might not notice the effect of a site
deliberately killing jobs!

Stephen