Dear all, I have hesitated to enter this pc fray, because, as a descendant of
the the Lords Roche of Cork, a close fri4end of Omar Pound, and a lover of
Wagner, I have much to lose in this controversy.  I think I am with Heany and
Tom Herron on this issue.  Doesn't it all start with Lewis's  diatribe against
Book V that the politics destroyed the vision?  Does anyone know of earlier
linking of politics and poetry.  I tseems to me that we are beginning to
rewrite Wimsatt's old genetic fallacy.  Let's see where it goes.  tpr