Dear Tim

I don't recognise the quote, but I'll send it round the mailbase to see if anyone else does !

All good wishes, John R
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: TJPS
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Monday, March 17, 2003 5:07 PM
  Subject: can you help?

  Hello

  I came across your email address in The Kipling Journal and am writing to ask for your help.

  I own a 1915 Snaffles print 'DR' (despatch rider) which has at the bottom:
  'Remarkable close to the old bus's 'ead to let the stuff go by'
  Rudyard Kipling with the artist's apologies.

  I can't link this with any Kipling poem but wonder if you may recognise it.
  I hope this isn't a chore - any guidance greatly appreciated.

  Best wishes

  Tim Syson