Dear Colleagues,
        reading The Wasters recently, I noted the chorus ending with
the typical Kipling trick of  "  ,etc."

But what are we to make of etc here? In Sergeant's Wedding, itis  a
euphemism for a hoare. But here?

And sebdly on letters which tTm Pinney has not yet been able to
resolve for me. You may know that Lisa Lewis and I have access to the
upublished Stalky story at Haileybury, with permission to publish in
the Journal. Watch that space! In Oh Beloved Kids, a letter to John
(Worm) is quoted for 1912 where the ediotr E Gilbert speculates the
reference to a new Stalky idea is the 'mythical' Haileybury story.
(It might be or it might not). But this letter is not in Tom's vol 4.

        as anyone observatrion on either question?
Regards Jeffery
--
Jeffery Lewins
133 Thornton Road