Given the apparent lack of further money once the present round of NOF
funding has finished, we are beginning to look at the potential for
charging for use of PN facilities in Bexley in order to try to create
some degree of sustainability.

We currently charge (on little more than a cost recovery basis) for
consumables;
printing (10 b/w, £1 colour)
headphones (£2 per set)
floppies (50p)
CDs (£1.50).

The last discussion on the list was back in September 2002, when a
degree of optimism still reigned about likely future funding. As that
now seems to be disappearing, I would be very interested to know what
others are doing or planning to do, e.g. charge non-registered users,
charge after x minutes/hours use per day/week, etc etc.

I will happily summarise results for the list.

Hugh Paton
Library Development Manager, Bexley Council

This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this email in error please notify Bexley Council by telephone on +44 (0) 20 8303 7777.

                Web Site: http://www.bexley.gov.uk