The first two modules in our training and development course for
Library Assistants, Stepping Forward are being run in Leeds on 29
April

What do they cover?

1          Enquiry Skills (Morning Session)
    A course to help you answer reference enquiries with the minimum
    of fuss. We take  you through handling the reference interview, to
     a survey of Quick Reference sources, a look at subject guides and
     where you go from there, with practical examples and exercises.

*   Finding out what’s really needed
*   Quick Reference Sources
*   Subject guides and Encyclopaedias
*   Moving the enquiry on

2          People Matters (Afternoon Session)
    This module looks at relationships at work and how to handle them
    in a way which ensures you and those around you perform
    effectively, efficiently and happily together

*   Working in a team
*   All-round communication
*   Helping the customer
*   Emotions and conflict
*   Time management

Who should attend?

Library assistants at all levels who wish to develop and enhance their  skills in these areas

Where and when?

Venue: Weetwood Hall Conference Centre, Leeds