Does this mean that all books over 2 years of age are to be destroyed? what about newspapers? or CCTV? or TV programmes at sports occasions.......

>>> <[log in to unmask]> 03/27/03 02:11pm >>>
I find it hard to believe that this can really be the intention of the Data Protection Act legislation, even if it is the result.  If it is, it could lead to destruction of an awful lot of archaeological photographic material, as Neil has pointed out.  It goes further, of course, throughout the whole of local authorities areas of work, as well as in the private and commercial world.  I've asked our Information Unit for a view on this and will post anything I get back.
The question of how it would be policed is another problem entirely.  Should we now expect the midnight knock on the door from the Transparency Squad.  Or are we to be locked up by the boys in black and white?  If true, then in the words of one of the Spitting Image characters "It's political correctness gone maaaaad."
Jim McNeil