Dear Colleagues,
Please note that it takes approx. 15 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
Kind regards/best wishes
  Dirk Köhler
----- Forwarded by Dirk Kohler/NCI on 14/03/2003 12:50 -----

                    Dirk Kohler
                                         To:     [log in to unmask]
                    14/03/2003           cc:
                    12:09                Subject:     call for help/support

Dear Colleague,

I am writing to you to ask for your help and support in distributing a
questionnaire at your University and /or department. I am writing a PhD at
the Department of German at University College Dublin (title: Person and
Social Deixis in German and English: An empirical and contrastive study.)
An essential part of my thesis is the collection and analysis of a variety
of primary data. I would very much appreciate if you could be so kind as to
distribute my questionnaire among students and colleagues at your
Universities and/or departments and arrange for the return of the completed
questionnaires to Dublin. If you can be of help I would like to ask you to
forward to me your postal address together with the approximate number of
"hard copies" that you require. I will ensure that the copies will be send
to you asap (i.e., within 2-3 days). As I need the data for completion of
my PhD I will need the completed questionnaires by the end of the current
academic year (ideally not later than the end of May 2003). This deadline
is crucial to the completion of my PhD.

Many thanks for your consideration and kind support.

Kind regards and best wishes from Dublin

Dirk Köhler

Lecturer in German
National College of Ireland
Mayor Street