>Achieving Sustainability: Poverty Elimination and the Environment
>A one-day seminar for industry, academics, voluntary organisations and NGOs
>
>Wednesday 9 April 2003
>at
>Loughborough University, UK
>
>Can environmental improvements lead to poverty reduction or they are
>a burden on the poor? This one day seminar offers an opportunity to
>understand various perspectives on the topic from a range of
>speakers. The seminar is organised by the Centre for Environmental
>Studies in collaboration with the Department of Geography and the
>Water, Engineering and Development Centre (WEDC) at Loughborough
>University.   The context of the seminar is international
>development.
>
>Speakers include Department for International Development (DFID),
>World Health Organisation (WHO),  WSP Group, Public Services
>International Research Unit (PSIRU) University of Greenwich,
>International Development Department of the University of
>Birmingham,  Loughborough University, Water Aid. We already have
>participants confirmed from a range of Southern countries.
>
>The seminar will be of particular interest to consultants, academics
>and NGOs concerned with international development.  Students are
>also welcome to attend.   Reduced fee for students and voluntary
>sector organisations.
>
>Further details and a booking form are available at:
><http://www.lboro.ac.uk/research/cens/pov_sem.htm>http://www.lboro.ac.uk/research/cens/pov_sem.htm

or e-mail <mailto:[log in to unmask]>[log in to unmask]

Dear all,

This should be a really interesting day and a somewhat unique forum
given the presence of critical and mainstream voices. Specific topics
to be discussed include PRSP and the environment, the privatization
of water resources etc.

If anyone wants more details then please contact me,

Best wishes,

Ed Brown
--
-