Hi,

The organisation that provides the facility for this list advise that the subscriber list is kept confidential to the list owner.  I think this is rightly observing a consent issue - in that it is usually understood that when people join a list as a subscriber they do so because they want to be part of the forum, and haven't agreed to necessarily share their details with other people.  If people still want the list of those subscribed I will have to check with JISC Mail about their regulations.  I suspect it would involve some clarity on why people want a list of subscribers, what they will do with the information and finding a way to get everyone's consent.

In relation to agreeing guidelines I agree that keeping it open as possible is a good thing.  A different list I am a member of has been having a very difficult time with people posting inappropriate messages.  Having some guidelines seems useful for times when there are complaints about list activity.  I like the statement in Annie's email below:

"postings are welcome that fit with a commitment to psychologies that contribute to community well-being, power sharing, social
justice and social support"

I could include the above statement, and the JISC guidelines (list below) in the welcome message to people - or is that OTT?

Rebekah