Rebekah,
Thanks so much for setting up this discussion list -
i'm already finding it productive and helpful to make
contact with others and witness discussions - nice to have
like minded messages occassionally to lift my spirits
or challenge me to think when faced with the endless
bureacracy that comes thro the ether....
I'd like to have a print out too of subscribers if that is
possible to find.
Like Carolyn, I don't like too much regulation tho I
suppose if there is a real risk of being bomarded with
things that won't lift my spirits or challenge me that
could change - i find my delete button works quite quickly
but there would be a real  problem  if attachements are
sent which can overload my mailbox.

I don't understand how access is controlled but may be we
could simply specify something along the lines of postings
are welcome that fit with a commitment to psychologies that
contribute to community well-being, power sharing, social
justice and social support.

Annie
On Wed, 5 Mar 2003 14:10:03 +0100 Carolyn Kagan
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> [...]
> what might be useful to include in guidelines.  I am happy to collate these
> into a set of guidelines and circulate these guidelines to the list for
> feedback.  Once we have agreement on the guidelines these can be posted to
> the list so that we are all clear about what the expectations for
> participation in the list are.  I will then also make sure that any new
> subscribers will automatically receive this information.  This is just a
> suggested way to approach this - if anyone has other suggestions, please
> feel free to make them.
>
> We might want to clarify issues like:
>
> - expectations around use of language
> - types of posts, e.g. disucussion, job postings, participant recruitment,
> announcements
> - when it is better to reply directly to someone off the list
>
> Another issue facing the list is whether we have the list open, for any
> person to post messages to, or if we should restrict the list.  Restriction
> would mean that only those subscribed to the list can post messages to the
> list.   At the moment the list is open and whilst I think this might have
> some advantages, it may also leave the list open to receiving messages that
> are not necessarily relevant to the purpose of the list.  It also means
> that when we discuss issues relating to such posts, the person who sent it
> will not see list based discussion (since they may not be subscribed).  I
> feel it might be best to restrict the list so that you have to be
> subscribed in order to post messages.  Please put forward any views you
> have on this point.
>
> I look forward to the discussion about guidelines and subscription options,
>
> Rebekah
>

> Rebekah Pratt
> Research Associate
> Sub-department of Clinical Health Psychology
> University College London
> Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT
> Tel: 020 7679 1844
> Fax: 020 7916 1989
> E-mail: [log in to unmask]
>
> COMMUNITYPSYCHUK - The discussion list for community psychology in the UK.
> To unsubscribe or to change your details visit the website:
> http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/COMMUNITYPSYCHUK.HTML
> For any problems or queries, contact the list owner at [log in to unmask]
>
> Carolyn Kagan DPhil, BSc, DASS (CQSW) Dip Couns Psy
> Professor of Community Social Psychology
> Deputy Head of Dept. of Psychology and Speech Pathology,
> Manchester Metropolitan University,
> Hathersage Road,
> Manchester, UK
> M13 OJA
> +44 (0)161 881 6887
> Fax +44 (0)161 247 6842
> (Editor, Community, Work and Family)
>
> COMMUNITYPSYCHUK - The discussion list for community psychology in the UK.
> To unsubscribe or to change your details visit the website:
> http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/COMMUNITYPSYCHUK.HTML
> For any problems or queries, contact the list owner at [log in to unmask]

Annie Mitchell
Lecturer in Psychology,
Clinical Director, Doctorate in Clinical and Community Psychology,

School of Psychology,
Washington Singer Building,
University of Exeter,
Exeter,
EX4 4QG

Phone 01392 264621 or
Liz Mears, Programme Administrator 01392 403184