From: Danny McGeehan [log in to unmask]
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 22:09:58 +0000
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: The New GMS contract, GPwSI's, Immediate Care and the
Countryside Alliance

> None the less, I think few of us would advocate victims being bundled into
> the back of the nearest taxi/police car and driven to A&E by untrained
> passers by.

Well there was the famous Yellow Cab study published I think in 1996 by
Demetriades from the University of Southern California which showed that
the latter group.  the yellow cab and police car patients did better than
the group transported to hospital by paramedics.  It was almost
sacriligious at the time.

Best wishes

Danny McGeehan

http://mail2web.com/ .