No anaswers but that is now happening in Scarborough as well. We are
approaching the 90% target from the wrong direction.
For years, we only ever had a four hour wait over bank holidays.
Now we have this regularly during the week due to diversion.
From the gossip in the trust, we have been getting questions from Lammy as
to why our figures are getting worse month on month.
We have been telling them to give us some space for the last two years but
we are not allowed to say!
Perhaps the figures will help? I doubt it. Rather we will be accused of
failing as we were when we complained about having to fiddle our WL
figures! We have now had an investigation sacked the three whistle blowers
and have been dragged through the local press.
>Colleagues
>Our minor side is now frequently becoming a medical ward.  When I was
first appointed consultant over 14 years ago it ran very efficiently and we
could zip through the walking wounded.  Bums never sat sat very long on
seats usual thing.  No need for Trick and treat.  During the last 18 months
the whole thing has gone pear shaped.  Due to excessive demand we now
routinely cramp beds into the cubicles and the whole system becomes log
jammed with Ambulances waiting to decamp their patients.

>Next month we are going to be assessed viz the 4 hour targets.  I suspect
we will pass with over 90% compliance as the powers that be will cram even
more beds into the unit, including my office.

>Seriously though have the list got any solutions?
>
>Danny Mcgeehan

>This email has been scanned using the MessageLabs SkyScan antivirus
>system. Funded for members by the Doctors.net.uk Bulletin service
>How does this protect me? http://www.Doctors.net.uk/qualityemail

All email and attachments sent from http://www.Doctors.net.uk have been
scanned by the MessageLabs SkyScan antivirus system