I was discussing with Mustafa his extremely interesting comment concerning
the apparent shift in public opinion, now that the war has started. You
might want to read Jurgen Habermas' recently published conferences about
cloning, in which he discusses the new "politics" of science, that is: "no
need to oppose it because we've done it already". I thought this is also
what is happening with the war now, and I believe it is extremely dangerous.

Jurgen Habermas, "Die Zukunft der menschlichen natur. Auf dem weg zu einer
liberalen eugenik?" (Surhkamp, 2001).
Also translated into French in 2002, Gallimard: "L'avenir de la nature
humaine: vers un eugenisme liberal?".

You might also want to read Baudrillard's paper published in the French
newspaper Liberation on Monday, March 10. He argues the "non-event"
character of the war.

Fyi: English is not my mother tongue, and my non-Anglo-Saxon ego is very
flattered to be the event of the day (smiling). Don't you realize that wild
assumptions about people are exactly what the US administration is doing
right now? Don't we all know how dangerous it is?