dear all,

thor jessen of the EEA has compiled a doc on the European Environment Agency
- Metadata Standard for Geographic Information (EEA-MSGI) that we have
uploaded to our dc fileserver. the standard is based on ISO 19115. it is
available at
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/files/DC-ENVIRONMENT/EEA-MSGI_v01c.doc . your
comments are welcome.

He is also informing us that they are developing a system where metadata
follows the data all the way from
the datacreater to the datauser. This system includes following important
components:

- EEA-MSGI Metadata editor for ESRI ArcGIS environment
- XSL style sheets for viewing EEA-MSGI XML files
- EEA-MSGI Verification tool
- Export tool to other metadata formats
- Synchroniser tool for ESRI ArcGIS environment (Auto update of some
metadata information's)
- Tool for one-click publishing of data with metadata to our spatial data
warehouse, Dataservice and web map service

The Metadata editor is ready in first version. The rest will be developed
during this year.

cheers

thom