Christine, I agree with Gerry's comments. Short-term staff and agency staff and contractors are often employed by someone else. Nevertheless, they do work within your organisation and premises, and are exposed to the same Health & Safety risks etc. In theory, they could come back at you with litigation years after they leave. Hence the Statute of Limitation (current year plus six in UK) applies. In areas such as the nuclear industry, there may be other legislation that applies? In pharmaceuticals, regulatory requirements (depending on which work unit the staff worked) could require much longer retention? Perhaps Eldin Rammell or Alan McQuitty could comment on that please?   Mike.

-----Original Message-----
From: Christine Walker [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: mardi, 18. février 2003 16:38
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Retention for short-term contracts

My organization (OSCE) is involved in election monitoring in many
countries.  This means hiring large numbers of people for roughly 1 or 2
months.  I have investigated the PRO website and seen the retention
schedule for personnel records and for contracts - any thoughts on
appropriate retention for short-term personnel contracts?