RE: Background reading

Jo

Welcome to records management.  For easily accessible background reading may I suggest my colleague Elizabeth Parker's book Managing Your Organisation's Records.  Published by Library Association (now Facet)Publishing in 1999, it is aimed particularly at people from a different discipline who acquire responsibility for records management, willingly or otherwise.  It can be ordered through Bookpoint Limited, telephone 01235 400400.

You might also like to look at Elizabeth's Study of the Records Lifecycle [in HEIs]produced for JISC in 1998, which is currently being updated and extended for publication in the spring.  This deals specifically with the records of Higher Education Institutions. Details can be obtained from the JISC website at www.jisc.ac.uk/

Peter Emmerson

Director

Emmerson Consulting Limited

47a Salisbury Road

Harpenden

Hertfordshire  AL5 5AR

Phone   01582 769842

Fax     01582 761740

E-mail  [log in to unmask]

This e-mail message and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the addressee.  If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of it is prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please delete it immediately and notify Emmerson Consulting by return e-mail to the above address.

Emmerson Consulting Limited is registered in England No. 3607347.  Registered Office: Charter Court, Midland Road, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire HP2 5GE