Ian,

I would certainly recommend mobile shelving. It is perfectly safe and
saves so much space.
What I would say in my experience, is that the companies we deal with
(we are getting a room done in our basement at the moment) is that
the companies we deal with point out potential pitfalls when they come
in to quote for the job.
I knew very little about it at first, but through talking with the reps, I am
now aware of any potential hazards.
If you want any contacts, then please let me know.

Alan Redhead