I agree with nearly all you said, especially that the original is whatever
you receive in whatever format, and that electronic originals (whether sent
to the organisation or created by it) should be one of the first steps to
going paperless but I would not refer to that as the "paperless office",
just one small step on the way.  The paperless office means, to me, no
paper, and I don't see that ever happening.  A lot can be accomplished
towards it but not all the way.  Going electronic or reducing paper, would,
I think, be better terms for that move.

Grahame Gould
Records Manager
Shire of Wyndham East Kimberley
115 Coolibah Drive
PO Box 614
Kununurra 6743

www.thelastfrontier.com.au

This email may contain confidential information.  If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact me.

The views expressed in this email may or may not be the official position of
SWEK.

Airnorth flies to Kununurra - contact QANTAS or your travel agent for
details