From: Claire Park [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 06 February 2003 10:17
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: First of Two Questions

In Cumbria we are currently in the middle of migrating between office
management systems, the old system (Officepower-if anyone is familiar with
that?) is being gradually phased out and will cease working in March/April
2003.  Ways have already been found to replace our communciations function
using Microsoft Outlook but little thought has been given to
data/information management.

At the Records Centre we have several huge databases covering accessions
and locations, that we are currently having difficulty converting but the
main problem is finding a suitable db management system - that must be
relational with an advanced search mechanism.  The problem that we have is
that the authority does not take a uniform approach to information
management with different departments using diiferent methods and
software.

Obviously information management is paramount to our unit and I was
wondering if anyone has any experience of any suitable systems or has any
suggestions?

thanks

Claire

This message is intended for the use of the addressee
only and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you
have received it in error please notify the sender and destroy it.
You may not use it or copy it to anyone else.

E-mail is not a secure communications medium.
Please be aware of this when replying.

Although East Sussex County Council has taken steps to ensure
that this e-mail and any attachments are virus free, we can take
no responsibility if a virus is actually present and you are advised to
ensure that the appropriate checks are made.