Dear Ian

We have had many years of trouble-free use from Bruynzeel manual mobile shelving.  We moved the selving from one location to another about six years ago and had some additional shelving installed.  We had some teething troubles with the new shelving as the movement was rather jerky and tended to shift the boxes.  Bruynzeel came in quickly and made some adjustments and things have been fine ever since.

One problem we had related to the installation after moving - it was nothing to do with the actual shelving, but to do with our management at the time "cutting costs" and only installing the raised floor in the shelf area and not in the access space at the front of the shelves - this made it impossible to wheel our ladders between the aisles because we couldn't manoevre them over the ledge.  The solution was to install flooring to bring the access area up to the same level as the floor in the shelf area.

Hope this helps

Chris Catton

Ian Pearson <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: The UK Records Management mailing list <[log in to unmask]>

13/02/2003 09:21
Please respond to The UK Records Management mailing list