Stephen
There are two issues here one the implementation of the Publication scheme,
and two the development of some sort of toolkit for implementing FOI and
the code of practice for records management.

With the Publication scheme we are intending to print 100 or so copies of
the publication scheme and put it in all the libraries. We are also going
to put a version online which is hyper linked to either a specific
documents or to a page where a list of the documents are held. Another
version of the PS will  be available in our Call centre with escalation
points marked on it so when people ring up they can either be  directed to
where it is held or send out copies of the information.

The second part is about developing a tool kit for the implementation of
FOI and the code of practice. I am currently trying to get central
government involved in providing some funding to create a toolkit. The
toolkit would consist of all the things that an individual authority would
need to create to support FOI and the code of practice for RM. It will not
be perfect for everyone, but it is a lot easier if you can use some sort of
models. Thereby reducing the work load.

Tony May
Documents Manager
Hertfordshire County Council
Phone: 01992 556 729
Comnet 26729

The information in this message should be regarded as
confidential and is intended for the addressee only unless
explicitly stated. If you have received this message in error
it must be deleted and the sender notified. The views
expressed in this message are personal and not necessarily
those of Hertfordshire County Council unless explicitly
stated. Please be aware that emails sent to or received
from Hertfordshire County Council may be intercepted and
read by the Council. Interception will only occur to ensure
compliance with Council policies or procedures or
regulatory obligations, to prevent or deter crime, or for the
purposes of essential maintenance or support of the email
system.