Just a note to let subscribers to this list know that the beta version of WordStat 4.0 is now available publicly (see below for a short list of features).

You can now download the beta version of WordStat 4.0 from the following web page:

        http://www.simstat.com/wordstat4beta.htm

Most of the bugs in prior beta versions have been fixed.  We now make this beta version public in order to get more feedback about any remaining problems as well as suggestions for minor changes or improvements.

Please note that the new QDA module provides no theory building or testing tools like those found in other programs. There are also a lot of quantitative tools built in it (cluster, multidimensional scaling maps, comparison tests, frequency tables, correspondence analysis, etc.) as well as inter-coders agreement tools. So if you don't  think the integration of quantitative and qualitative tools is a good idea, then maybe WordStat is not for you.

Also please note that documentation is still scarce.  We are still working on a new manual and help file.  But if you have any problem running the program, just ask me.

BTW, we will provide free copies to those who will send us the most useful comments and bug reports. We are also looking for sample qualitative projects to include as sample files in the final program and we are willing to give free copies of WordStat in exchange with the authorization to distribute such files.

Normand Péladeau
Provalis Research