Apologies for cross-posting
I'm looking for a term that would describe a sectioned-off part of a church that is sometimes found between the chancel and the nave.  One term I've seen used is 'scuola cantorum', but this carries presuppositions about  the space's function, likewise the term 'laymens' choir'.  'Ante-choir' has been suggested to me as one possibility, but I'm exploring all suggestions.  Do any of these terms sound familiar/meaningful, and does anyone know of any better ones?

Thanks

Laura

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]