I am a lecturer at the Graduate School of Informatics
at Strathclyde University and, with a colleague, am
working with a group of public libraries in Glasgow
who are interested in ideas to improve their homework
clubs service. They want to get parents/guardians of
children who attend more involved and to persuade
parents/guardians of children not attending about the
usefulness of homework clubs. Postgraduate students
are doing research on the ground but I would like to
contextualise their research by experiences of homework
clubs in public libraries elsewhere.

I have searched the archives of this list on this topic.
The following resources have been found useful:

The Value and Impact of Homework Clubs in Public Libraries
http://www.cie.uce.ac.uk/cirt/projects/past/homework.htm

ALA DeWitt Wallace-Reader's Digest Fund Project
http://www.ala.org/plpyd/index.html

The Library and the Latchkey (ERIC Digest)
http://www.ericfacility.net/ericdigests/ed331512.html

Connect for Kids
http://www.connectforkids.org/

Alan Poulter