From:   Mitchell Hammond <[log in to unmask]>

CALL FOR PAPERS

Each year at the Sixteenth Century Studies Conference, a series of
interdisciplinary sessions are sponsored by Frühe Neuzeit
Interdisziplinär (FNI), an international society devoted to studies in
early modern German history and culture. This year, FNI is
participating at the conference in Pittsburgh from 30 Oct-2 Nov 2003.
We welcome proposals for individual papers or sessions that address the
culture, politics, and society of German-speaking central Europe during
the “long sixteenth century.” We especially welcome proposals for
sessions that incorporate more than one discipline or offer innovative
approaches to problems in early modern German studies. One or more
sessions will address new directions in scholarship and will highlight
the work of younger scholars.

Title, brief abstract, and a short outline of professional credentials
should be submitted (either by mail or attachment) by March 15, 2002 to
Prof. Mitchell Hammond at: [log in to unmask]

or to:

Prof. Mitchell Hammond
Dept of History
Campus Box 47
Georgia College & State University
Milledgeville, GA  31061

For more information, please contact. Prof. Hammond at
[log in to unmask] or at (478) 445-7379.