Dear Bill,
You may find these 2 articles useful:

1.Al-Ansary LA, Khoja TA:The place of evidence-based
medicine among primary health care physicians in
Riyadh region, Saudi Arabia.
Fam Pract. 2002 Oct;19(5):537-42.

2.Getting research findings into practice:
Implementing research findings in developing countries
Paul Garner, Rajendra Kale, Rumona Dickson, Tony Dans,
and Rodrigo Salinas
BMJ 1998; 317: 531-535.

There is a lot going around in my country towards
promoting EBM among health professionals. I have been
involved along with other members of our department in
conducting EBM workshops on annual basis and the
participats were from different health specialties. We
are currently preparing for the 4th one. I was also
involved in an EBM workshop that was held in Jeddah
(western coast) last months. And more workshops are
under way.Moreover, a national advisory EBM committee
has been formulated by the ministry of health last
year with many immediate & long term objectives. An
EBM self-help group, which is an involuntary and
independent group, has also been formulated with great
vision, mission and goals.
I hope that this kind of information will be useful
and pls let me know if you need further details.

Yours sincerely,
Lubna

--- "Bill Cayley, Jr, MD" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> I am wondering if anyone has any information or
> thoughts on the use of EBM in the developing world.
> Specifically, any experience with teaching EBM in
> developing-world settings?  Any knowledge of
> publications or articles addressing this?  Any
> knowledge of resources on EBM in the developing
> world?
>
> Any help would be appreciated!
>
> Thanks!
>
> Bill Cayley, MD
>
> =====
> Bill Cayley, Jr, MD MDiv     [log in to unmask]
>
> Augusta Family Medicine      Home Address
>   207 W Lincoln                3433 McIvor St
>   Augusta, WI  54722           Eau Claire, WI  54701
>   Work:  715-286-2270          Home:  715-830-0932
>   Page:  715-838-7940          Cell:  715-828-4636

> now.
> http://mailplus.yahoo.com

=====
Dr.Lubna A.Al-Ansary, MSc, FRCGP
Associate Professor
Dept of Family & Community Medicine
College of Medicine, King Saud University
P.O.Box 2925, Riyadh 11461
SAUDI ARABIA
Email: [log in to unmask]