Hi Paul,

No personal experience trying to do this myself, but I did some searching
and found at least one group of people that did try and succeeded. See:
http://aa.uncwil.edu/dl/documents/designing%20the%20ims%20database3.doc
Some wise words from Dr. Tom on the subject:
http://www.imsglobal.org/drtomimplement.cfm
More generic info about XML and relational databases:
http://www.rpbourret.com/xml/XMLAndDatabases.htm

The info should at least get you past the creation of the tables, relations
etc. (I hope).

Kind regards,

Pierre Gorissen
IT Consultant

Fontys University of Professional Education
Educational Development Department
P.O. Box 347
NL-5600 AH Eindhoven
The Netherlands