On Thu, 20 Feb 2003, Phillip Beauvoir wrote:

> Surely something like the following would suffice:
>
> <status source="LOMv1.0">Draft</status>

Absolutely!  Or to borrow the DCMI notion of an 'encoding scheme' one
could use

<lom:status scheme="LOMv1.0">Draft</lom:status>

which we've proposed to DCMI should be encoded in XML using the existing
xsi:type construct

<lom:status xsi:type="lom:LOMv1.0">Draft</lom:status>

(See

Guidelines for implementing Dublin Core in XML
http://dublincore.org/documents/2002/09/09/dc-xml-guidelines/

if you're interested in the background to this).

Andy
--
Distributed Systems, UKOLN, University of Bath, Bath, BA2 7AY, UK
http://www.ukoln.ac.uk/ukoln/staff/a.powell       +44 1225 383933