----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Linda Hulme
To: Undisclosed-Recipient:;
Sent: Thursday, January 09, 2003 9:34 AM
Subject: I may have sent you a virus

I was sent this information and sound I did indeed have the virus PLEASE check your system as described here.  Sorry about this I just received a message from a contact who told me that her address bood had been infected by a virus which was possibly passed on to everyone in her address book, I did what she instructed me to do and found that my computer did have the virus described.

The virus (called jdbgmgr.exe) is not detected by Norton or McAfee Anti-virus systems.  The virus sits quietly for 14 days before damaging the system.  It is sent automatically by messenger and by the address book, whether or not you sent e-mails to everyone.  I followed her instructions and deleted it, but it may have been passed on to everyone in my address book (which means you).  I am therefore giving you the exact instructions and information she gave me, and I urge you to follow them and get rid of the virus.  Since it lays dormant for 14 days, so there is plenty of time.   The message follows:  Here is how to check for the virus and to get rid of it.  Very simple.  YOU MUST DO THIS:

1.  Go to Start, Find or Search option.
2.  In the files/folders option, write the name jdbgmgr.exe
3.  Be sure you search your C drive and any other drives you may have.
4.  Click "find now,"
5.  The virus has a teddy bear icon with the name jdbgmgr.exe  DO NOT OPEN IT!!!!!!
6.  Go to Edit.  Choose "Select All" to highlight the file without opening it.
7.  Now go to File and select Delete.  It will then go into the recycle bin.
8.  Go to the recycle bin and delete it there as well.  Select All, permanently delete, etc.

IF YOU FIND THE VIRUS, YOU MUST CONTACT ALL THE PEOPLE IN YOUR ADDRESS BOOK SO THEY CAN ERADICATE IT IN THEIR OWN ADDRESS BOOKS.  Sorry about this.

I am pretty sure everyone in my address book will have it.  To send this message to everyone in your address book:

1.  Open a new e-mail message.
2.  Click the photo of address book next to "TO"
3.  Click every name and add it to "BCC"
4.  Copy this message, paste to e-mail, enter subject and send.

Linda

Sophie Dhenin
Physio Extraordinaire