At 01:25 PM 1/29/2003 -0500, John Mundy wrote:
>Anent the relics of Thomas, you'll recall that his siter
>obtained a finger according to W. of Tocco's life.

Not just a finger but his entire right hand.   This is explicit both in
William of Tocco's life and in B. of Capua's report at Thomas's
canonization trial at Naples.  Though they differ as to when this relic was
separated from the remainder of the corpse, they agree that it was done at
the behest of T.'s sister Teodora, sometimes called "the countess of San
Severino" as the latter was the family home of her husband, Tommaso di San
Severino, count of Marsico and lord of San Severino (and of Diano, and of
Sala, etc., etc.).

Best again, and thanks for the invaluable renseignements from Toulouse,
John Dillon

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]